Mar 31, 2019
“There is some sense that women lead differently than men, but it’s hard to parse out if it’s because of gender differences or because women have historically been in the non-dominant group and men have been in the dominant group.” Laura Liswood on Green Connections Radio
Cultural dynamics drive the ability to innovate, hirings and promotions, whether it invests in sustainability and responsibility, and, well, how an organization functions across the board. Culture itself is driven by the dominant values of the leadership, and is reflected in its policies, says Laura Liswood, Secretary General of the Council of Women World Leaders, who has studied, interviewed and worked with dozens of female heads of state and ministers, Fortune 500 companies and global nonprofits, where she has led diversity programs.
Listen to Liswood’s perspective in this fascinating interview with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson live from the U.S Chamber of Commerce commemorating International Women’s Day,
· What exactly “dominant” and “non-dominant” styles are and why they are powerful.
· The pros and cons of women’s networks vs. men’s
· Collaboration differences and why they matter.
· How leveraging women’s creative instincts helps drive innovation.
· Critical career advice… and much more!
“What is your true north that is going to make you feel really energized? Be open to what the possibilities can be for you. As Mary Catherine Bateson has said, women’s life experiences are more likely to look like a quilt, with blocks of experience.”Laura Liswood on Green Connections Radio
You'll also like:
· Mary Lee Gannon, CEO of a multimillion dollar healthcare foundation and executive coach, on maximizing a multigenerational workforce.
· Mary Snapp, long-time C-level executive at Microsoft, CEO of Microsoft Philanthropies on driving social innovation in a large organization.
· Go for the Outliers, Joan’s Forbes blog on hiring people who don’t “fit in.”
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices