Sep 20, 2019
“I think it’s always about meeting people where they are. I think sometimes…people can go over the edge of just making the business case, where…I think people do want to do the right thing.” Suzanne Fallender, on Green Connections Radio What if corporations took their responsibility to reduce their carbon footprint and as corporate citizens seriously and integrated it into their corporate strategies?
That's exactly what Suzanne Fallender, Director of Sustainability at Intel told Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson they are doing. From reducing energy and water use, eliminating the use of conflict minerals, to finding ways to recycle or reuse almost every by-product or waste material, she said Intel is leading industry.
· How to balance between the business case and doing the right thing.
· How seeking more environmental solutions also improves the product more broadly.
· How important environmental and sustainability issues are to potential new recruits of any age and career level.
· How Intel integrates accountability for sustainability goals into compensation and performance goals.
· Their greatest challenge may not be what you think it is.
And, great career advice, including important it is to “make time for thinking.”
“You also have to make time for thinking and learning and reflecting…and not beating myself up so much about not getting everything done all the time because you can drive yourself completely crazy because there’s too much to do it all.”
Suzanne Fallender on Green Connections Radio
You'll also want to listen to:
· Barbara Whye, Intel, VP of HR and Diversity Chief· Cindy Lubber, CEO of Ceres on mobilizing business sustainability· Rawlings Miller, of WSP, on specific tips for a climate resilience plan· Beth Colleton, former Cief Sustainability Officer, NBCUniversal and NFL· SXSW Eco, Corporate Chief Sustainability Officers, a panel on solutionsThank you for subscribing to Green Connections on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson